Sunday, March 7, 2010

Seussical-Thing 2


One of the best things about the Floral Park-Bellerose School is the drama club. This no-cut club is open to fifth and sixth graders. Each production includes a cast of about 120 children.


Jessica was a wiz behind the stage and could recite both the Wizard of Oz and Peter Pan line-by-line though she never said a word.


Nicole was out in front for Annie as a maid last year. It really was a cute show.


This year Nicole was cast as Thing 2. While she only had 1 line to memorize-"Wake Up! Wake Up! Wake Up!"-she was in the show a lot. Now while I volunteered to help on costumes and designed the program, I never really saw the show until opening night. I had an idea how much Nicole was in the play as I placed her character in about every scene of the program.

On opening night, I asked her what she wanted to eat. She said something "hardy" like a deli sandwich. Since it was snowing and there was only an hour until she had to be to school, I offered raviolis. She downed them quickly and then off to hair and make up.


Through the ninety minute show, Thing 1 and Thing 2 wizzed on an off stage. They moved props, the moved the story and they moved the audience. Acting without words in ridiculous costumes is not easy-nurses, hunters, flower pickers, feather attachers, etc. They had a tough job but they were great! I almost wished she had some lines it might have been easier but not funnier.


On closing night, I was prepared with a big meal so she had energy to go! She definitely broke both legs!


While she said I could not post a picture on Facebook, she said nothing about the blog!

Bravo!










2 comments:

Such The Spot said...

What a cute picture of Nicole as Thing 2! And what a great program. We don't have anything like that here. Good for her!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

can anyone tell me which is the best counter strike guide ? :)...i found this one :

http://www.downloadzdb.com/Counter_Strike_Best_Guide

What do you nigh work out to it ?

Thanx in advance

Sorry for my bad english :s