Tuesday, March 16, 2010

MM+Pizza+Cupcakes=Fun!



One of the best things to come out of my being a member of the Walt Disney World Moms Panel is that I have met some really wonderful friends. One of my friends, Joanne, and her daughter, Nicole, came to visit New York for the week. Joanne is from Canada so trying to show some "Southern" hospitality was very easy for me.

After picking them up at JFK along with my Nicole, we headed into the City. I brought them in via the Van Stuck-oops-the Van Wyck and then the LIE towards the City and over the 59th Street Bridge. I figured this would allow them to see some of the Manhattan skyline as it was coming out of the rain clouds.

We headed over to their hotel on the West Side. After settling into their room, we walked towards Times Square. We ate dinner at John's Pizza which is one of my family's favorite places to eat in the City. The garlic bread with mozzarella is a favorite along with the pizza. We opted for traditional and a half of bruschetta. While both Joanne and I liked the bruschetta, the traditional was the favorite.

Time Square was next. We showed them where Mary Poppins is playing since they are going to the show. The famous New Years Eve ball, the discount ticket place and of course M&M World and Hershey's. We then decided we needed some dessert.

We walked over to the Magnolia Bakery. The new location located next the Radio City Music Hall was packed. We each got a cupcake. Joanne opted for the lemon, Nicole the chocolate with chocolate icing and the Choisezs got the vanilla with vanilla icing. They were yummy and sweet! You forget how sweet things are when they are all natural! My Nicole and I decide we were going to go on a cupcake crawl through Manhattan!
We showed them which way to the American Girl Doll store and NBC Studios and then headed back to the hotel.

While the visit was short, it was fun! Tanya, Anna, Erin and Jonas now need to continue the "Southern" hospitality which I am sure they did.

No comments: