Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A New Adventure-Scrabble Road Show


JetBlue University has a blog for the faculty. Today, one of my colleagues started a new blog talking about adventures. It has a picture of one of my favorite adventurers, Indiana Jones. In the blog, it mentions how playing Scrabble is not an adventure. Clearly, he never played with my friend Dawn.

Dawn is at her most competitive during a game of Scrabble. Many a nights her family and mine would get together. Some nights we would play Scrabble. Jim and Dawn would go crazy trying to win. Ray and I would just try to spell "it" and duck the fireworks between the other two. Luckily, our four children would be down in the basement without a care in the world.

Today we learned our friends, Dawn and Ray and their sons, Mark and Eric, would be starting a new adventure this summer in Chatham, NJ. While I will miss the traditions we had a neighbors and friends, I am excited for them. Ray will not have the terrible commute to NJ everyday and we now our the proud owners of a whole snowblower.

As for adventures, we will just take the Scrabble game over the bridge. Who knows-maybe I will win!

No comments: