Saturday, June 14, 2008

Jessica Wins Another Essay Contest


Jessica won an essay contest on the person who has been special to her. She picked Mrs. Vecchione her teacher since first grade.
Here is the essay:
Mrs. Vecchione made a difference in my life by introducing me to Lunch Bunch. I will never forget that first day in first grade. I discovered I did not like the cafeteria, and I would not eat my lunch. Then Mrs. G. told me about Lunch Bunch and how I would eat in Mrs. Vecchione’s room. I was so happy.

But the first day I was going to Lunch Bunch, I was nervous. I hunkered down by the trash can to wait. To my relief, Mrs. Vecchione arrived and took me to her classroom. I discovered I liked it much better then the cafeteria and ate lunch for the first time in a few days. Lunch Bunch became more then just a place to eat. To me, it became a place for friends and a second home.

The lessons I learned are that Mrs. Vecchione is the nicest person in the universe. You should not be afraid of new experiences because someone will guide you through them. Teachers are our friends.

Mrs. Vecchione was the difference in my life by making me feel at ease and more confident about myself. Without Lunch Bunch, I would have been slowly starving myself. I feel blessed to know Mrs. Vecchione.

No comments: